Head of SEO (UK-Remote)
Absolute Digital Media
£50,000 to £60,000 per annum (DOE)
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a talented individual with a real passion for becoming an SEO Lead within a multi award winning digital marketing agency. We are looking for an exceptional individual who can develop innovative strategies and techniques to run highly successful online marketing campaigns for our clients. The ideal candidate would want to succeed so we’ll give you what you need to perform at your best because we believe true growth starts from within our agency team.
We’re a multi-award winning, highly reputable digital marketing agency. We are built on hardwork, creativity and laughter, and every member of the Absolute Digital Media team brings an added layer of dedication, expertise and fun to our agency.
We’re a tight knit team who work collaboratively across a range of digital marketing departments to deliver an integrated online marketing service to our clients.
View the full job specification here.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Absolute Digital Media, diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We believe a representative team creates better digital marketing services and makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. We select candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.
Lead the direction of the technical SEO department, line managing the Senior SEO
Consultants and supporting them as they manage the wider team.
● Build relationships with senior client stakeholders to get buy-in for the SEO campaigns we
are running, working closely with Client Services to secure renewals and pursue growth
● Run the P&L for the SEO team, taking responsibility for hiring and resourcing decision
making in line with business objectives.
● Work with the directors to resource the team effectively, ensuring the right people have the
right work and we are playing to our strengths at all times.
● Build upon our existing SEO offering by supporting the team as they develop, test and
document industry-leading SEO products.
● Continue to refine our existing product set, defining and documenting the relevant processes
and upskilling the wider department.
● Work closely with the Content Strategy, Creative, Paid and Digital PR teams to ensure
alignment across our full-service offering.
● Take ownership of team training requirements, including the management of SEO tooling and
● Orchestrate the team’s marketing output, hitting the cadence and quality targets defined by
sales and marketing.
● Confidently provide business development and pitch assistance where required.
Nice to have, but not essential:
● Prior public speaking experience and a willingness to represent the agency at conferences and
● Advanced technical SEO knowledge, including usage of log files for SEO analysis and
familiarity in working with popular JS frameworks such as AngularJS, React and Vue.j
Hands-on as well as strategic SEO expertise, and the ability to pivot between both approaches
● A proven track record of managing, leading and motivating large teams, ideally within an
● Clear experience of helping others develop both softer and more technical skills, and helping
others grow into more senior roles.
● Very strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly
● The ability to present clearly and persuasively to senior stakeholders, both internally and
● Meticulous attention to detail and the tenacity to see ideas through to fruition.
● High level of competence using Analytics platforms including Google and Adobe.
● Understanding of multi-channel marketing and how Absolute fits into the wider marketing
Fully remote working in the UK (opportunities to work from anywhere within Europe –
● Free Private Medical Health Insurance (with cash back option on Vision & Dental care &
40% off Nuffield Health gym Membership)● 3 Wellness days provided each year.
● Company Pension Scheme.
● Opportunities to progress if you’re up for the challenge.
● Training sessions galore across multiple disciplines.
● Opportunities to speak at industry events and conferences if you want to.
● A library, where you can select a book of your choice and we will send it to you for free.
● The opportunity to be involved in our charity fundraising events.
● A birthday gift and the afternoon off on us.
● Extra treats on your work-versary (annually)
● Opportunity to take part in a professional PT session each week.
● Absolute Early Bird (8am-5pm) OR Absolute Owl (9am-6pm) working hours offered to
suit your lifestyle.
● Regular social events and team building activities provided for free (online and in
● Annual festivals
● Monthly company-wide “feel good” meetings.
● Early finish on the last Friday of every month.
● Quarterly in person meet ups for the whole company.