Technical SEO/WordPress Developer (UK-Remote)
Absolute Digital Media
Salary: £30k – £35k per annum depending on experience
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Technical SEO/WordPress Developer with a complete focus on maintaining and modifying our Client websites as oppose to building Websites.
With 14 years of industry experience behind us, we have ambitious plans for the next few years, and this is a rare opportunity to join our A-Team. You’ll be working closely with all of our departments.
We’re a multi-award winning, highly reputable digital marketing agency. We are built on hardwork, creativity and laughter, and every member of the Absolute Digital Media team brings an added layer of dedication, expertise and fun to our agency.
We’re a tight knit team who work collaboratively across a range of digital marketing departments to deliver an integrated online marketing service to our clients.
View the full job specification here.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Absolute Digital Media, diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We believe a representative team creates better digital marketing services and makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. We select candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.
- You’ll enjoy maintaining and modifying our Client websites.
- You’ll be supporting the development team with website launches and migrations (redirect strategies, content migration, crawl-budget optimisation).
- You’ll need to collaborate with the UX Design Lead and support with implementation.
- The ability to Resolve Core Web Vital issues.
- The ability to structure Data implementation according to Google guidelines.
- Building email templates with visual builder or using HTML / CSS
- Build landing page with visual builder or using WordPress native script.
- The ability to resolve technical SEO issues for websites.
- Support our SEO, PPC, Content and PR team for content upload and formatting for different CMS platform.
- Support SEO and PPC department with Ecommerce tracking setup/troubleshooting.
- Knowledge and experience of modifying WordPress sites will be essential
- Knowledge of various CMS platforms and frameworks, such as Joomla, Magento, Lavarel and Drupal are desirable but not essential
- Experience using and implementing Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Google Data Studio and SEO tools like Screaming Frog, AHREFS, etc.
- Understanding of common web technologies (HTML/CSS, JS Libraries, PHP, etc).
- Understanding of browser-based development tools (Lighthouse, Tag Assistant, Chrome dev tool etc).
- Willingness to learn about other areas in the marketing mix and how digital fits together.
- A good understanding of UX and conversion best practice
- Working knowledge of Adobe XD & Photoshop
- Proactivity, forward thinking and the ability to take the initiative is essential
- Ability to work independently, effective planning and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Be ambitious to push your ideas forward and take pride in your work
- Agency experience.
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Advanced technical SEO knowledge, including usage of log files for SEO analysis and familiarity in working with popular JS frameworks such as AngularJS, React and Vue.j
- Fully remote working in the UK (opportunities to work from anywhere within Europe – exceptions apply).
- Free Private Medical Health Insurance (with cash back option on Vision & Dental care & 40% off Nuffield Health gym Membership)
- 3 Wellness days provided each year.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Opportunities to progress if you’re up for the challenge.
- Training sessions galore across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunities to speak at industry events and conferences if you want to.
- A library, where you can select a book of your choice and we will send it to you for free.
- The opportunity to be involved in our charity fundraising events.
- A birthday gift and the afternoon off on us.
- Extra treats on your work-versary (annually)
- Opportunity to take part in a professional PT session each week.
- Absolute Early Bird (8am-5pm) OR Absolute Owl (9am-6pm) working hours offered to suit your lifestyle.
- Regular social events and team building activities provided for free (online and in person).
- Annual festivals
- Monthly company-wide “feel good” meetings.
- Early finish on the last Friday of every month.
- Quarterly in person meet ups for the whole company.