Spa & Hotel Breaks operate in a highly competitive industry, providing visitors with a large selection of spa breaks and hotel packages. With the chance to book long and short breaks plus day packages directly on the site, we had a huge opportunity to capture a greater proportion of the market share for our client. After an initial discussion, we devised the following objectives for the campaign:
As part of our strategy, we focused on optimising the main category pages alongside spa location pages.
We also wanted to improve the speed of the site, alongside it’s crawling structure through removing unnecessary pages form indexing.
As Spa & Hotel Breaks operate in a highly competitive market, link building was a key part of their strategy from the get-go.
We carried out a competitor analysis prior to getting started on our content marketing campaign(s) to allow us to identify what Google was picking up well and how we could further improve it.
- When we partnered with Spa & Hotel Breaks, we knew that the site had excited for a number of years. While the right pages had been created, they lacked valuable content and the overall technical health of the site was poor.
- With this in mind, we focused on carrying out full optimisation across the ‘spa break’ page for the following keywords: ‘spa breaks’ and ‘spa breaks uk’.
- Due to the competitiveness surrounding these keywords, we went ahead and created an enhanced link building strategy that would enable us to build relevancy and show Google why Spa & Hotel Breaks should rank about their competition.
- While rolling out our link building strategy, we focused on improving the technical health of the website, enhancing its overall UX and indexability.
- We noticed that the website had a large number of indexed pages that didn’t need to be and so focused on no indexing these pages to free up crawl budget for the pages that were going to provide relevant information on Google and we wanted to rank as part of this.
- Alongside this we worked on optimising the main area pages on the website, improving the sites internal linking structure, and taking advantage of localised opportunities.
- We worked closely alongside the client’s development team to resolve templating issues effecting the website the sites meta data and site speed.
- We then looked further at the sites user experience and switched the default listings to show the best spas first. This would help to attract more users to the website, as we realised users looking for a high-quality spa break may be unconvinced due to their low cost.
Since partnering with Spa & Hotel Breaks, we have reached position 3 for ‘Spa Breaks’ and position 2 for ‘Spa Breaks UK’
We have also seen a 532.89% increase in organic user visibility the website and a 533.90% increase in organic sessions.
In the last 12-months, we have seen a 35% increase in the sites page 1 visibility.
Do you want to build an award-winning SEO campaign?
Other Relevant Case Studies
Join The Leading Digital Marketing Agency
Fill out the form to take the first step to digital success! Our digital marketing agency consultants are always on hand to hear from new businesses and answer any questions you may have. Select the services you're interested in and add any additional information about your digital marketing goals below, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.