Stelrad partnered with the Absolute Digital Media team as they were looking for a full-service agency who could improve their digital visibility and generate new online sales and leads through a range of paid and organic marketing techniques. We devised an integrated campaign consisting of SEO, Digital PR and PPC that would allow Stelrad to compete in their highly competitive space through using SEO data to reduce PPC expenditures and further establishing where and how to use our chosen keywords, and by building SEO ranking and consumer trust. Our objectives were as follows:
SEO: Full site audit review, including technical, backlinks, content and keyword mapping.
A keyword map on existing site pages to determine areas of cannibalisation which highlighted the need to further content optimisation.
A map of page titles, meta descriptions and header tags for existing and new pages on the site.
New content pages and content optimization based on regular content gap analysis and competitor review opportunities to improve market visibility.
A full internal linking structure to pass through link equity to the key pages and best practices for usability.
External link audit to identify suspects and poor-quality links to be disavowed and replaced with strong, external links through outreach and digital PR strategies.
Technical SEO fixes to increase crawlability and indexation, including optimising page titles, meta data and internal linking.
Implementation of UX / CRO recommendations to improve transactions and revenue.
A full 12-month SEO strategy to cover: organic visibility, site architecture, speed, page titles and descriptions, website images, content, HTTPS status, pagination, crawlability, schema and more.
- Stelrad had previously worked with another digital marketing agency however, after carrying out an initial performance audit, we were able to identify a number of quick win opportunities which could be capitalised on to improve visibility quickly. This included page title and meta data optimisation, internal linking and addressing existing conflicts which we resolved quickly to see promote early success of the campaign.
- When partnering with Stelrad we identified that the technical health of the website needed some improvements on flexibility and crawability. Our technical audit indicated that there were also a lot of pagination issues across the site. Alongside its general poor speed and performance (with the site loading in 6.6. seconds) we knew this would be a key hurdle we needed to cross to progress the campaign.
- There were initially around 150 navigation links on the site (including in the footer) with many in the navigation, particularly in the ‘All ranges’ section of the site. There were also 65 images within the same dropdown and so we recommended and implemented lazy-loading these images to improve speed, whilst sustaining the good UX they provided.
- We conducted a content audit across the site, which highlighted some serious cannibalisation products that were holding it back from performing consistently. The content on the site was also somewhat very limited too, with no text on any of the main category pages. Whilst some FAQ content had been added, we identified numerous typos and that schema hadn’t been implemented. There were also further issues with the schema already of the site, which lacked any of the basic (organisational, product etc) which was a key missed opportunity of which we then implemented.
- We then produced a robust internal linking structure that would allow authority and link equity to efficiently pass throughout the main category page (radiators/, /column-radiators/, /vertical-radiators/, /designer-radiators/ and /trade-radiators/) and domain. This would not only ensure the key pages were indexed but improve the position and visibility of all other indexable pages within the site. We also linked relevant websites to specific pages on the domain to maintain the site’s authority whilst ensuring that any low-quality or potentially harmful links were removed from the site’s backlink profile through conducting regular link detoxes.
- Where products can’t be bought online and an Enquire button is used instead, the form used featured quite a lot of fields, many of them mandatory. However, we know that using shorter forms with fewer mandatory fields can improve completion rates. We went ahead and tested different variations of the form to identify what contents users were most receptive to provide an effective solution to increase the number of completed forms for said products.
We have already achieved some fantastic results for Stelrad, including a 120.81% increase in revenue.
We also saw a further 259.92% transactions take place on the site.
eCommerce conversion rate increased from 0.27% to 0.62% which is a total increase of 129.09%.
The number of new users visiting the site increased by 62.90%.
Do you want to build an award-winning SEO campaign?
Other Relevant Case Studies
Join The Leading Digital Marketing Agency
Fill out the form to take the first step to digital success! Our digital marketing agency consultants are always on hand to hear from new businesses and answer any questions you may have. Select the services you're interested in and add any additional information about your digital marketing goals below, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.