As Featured In.
Vera Clinic partnered with the Absolute Digital Media team as they were looking for a full-service agency who could improve their digital visibility and generate new online sales and leads through a range of paid and organic marketing techniques. We devised an integrated campaign consisting of SEO, Digital PR and PPC for a higher ROI through using SEO data to reduce PPC expenditures and further establish where and how to use our chosen keywords, and by building SEO ranking and consumer trust. Our objectives were to:
When we partnered with Vera Clinic, we carried out an in-depth review of historical redirects which led to an initial loss of visibility prior to the algorithm update in May 20.
We also carried out a review of the site’s content from an E-A-T perspective, with a full content audit allowing us to consolidate or cull any low-quality pages across the site.
With this insight we created a content strategy to further enhance the brand’s visibility for all treatments offered, not just the main term ‘hair transplant turkey’ which is where their previous SEO strategy was falling. The aim of this was to capture more of the market, with content strategized for specific search intent targeting all points of the conversion funnel.
We then carried out an external link audit to identify suspects and poor-quality links to be disavowed and replaced with strong, external links through outreach and digital PR strategies.
From a technical SEO perspective, we carried out further fixes to increase crawlability and indexation, including optimizing page titles, meta data and internal linking.
- After the May broad core 2020 algorithm update, Vera Clinic saw a -53% decline in their organic visibility, equating to a -63.31% decrease in traffic through the site. The site’s content was minimally, poorly translated with numerous SPG issues and no internal linking structure. The pages that they did have on the site were also not well researched and did not offer users valuable information, meaning that it lacked E-A-T. Vera Clinic had also previously completed an unnecessary migration of their blog section of the site which resulted in a drop in traffic with numerous blogs that were driving traffic being falsely redirected to the home page.
- With this in mind, we carried out a full site performance audit and keyword mapping file during month 1 of the campaign which allowed us to get into the nitty gritty of what was and wasn’t working on the site, where the drops occurred, what the leading causes were and how to resolve these as quickly as possible. With this insight, we were able to effectively expand their service offering pages from 3 pages in total that were pre-existing to 44 service pages.
- Previously they had 1 top level service page talking about all the different treatments that they offered. For example, the “hair transplant turkey page” included information about FUE, DHI, Afro, Hairline, Oxycure, Beard & Eyebrow transplants which caused conflict. A key part of the strategy was to make sure that each page was thorough about each of the services and well targeted for the main terms we wanted to capture.
- We developed a close agency / customer relationship with Vera Clinic through detailed initial conversations and questionings to get to the root of their problems to create a plan that would allow us to meet the businesses objectives. From this, we were able to identify that the site’s technical health was very poor with lots of broken pages, hreflang tag issues across the different language versions resulting in numerous language pages ranking in SERPs for the same terms and more.
- We then produced a robust internal linking structure that would allow authority and link equity to efficiently pass throughout the main target pages which included the hair transplant turkey page, and domain. We also linked relevant websites to specific pages on the domain to maintain the site’s authority whilst ensuring that any low-quality or potentially harmful links were removed from the site’s backlink profile through conducting regular link detoxes.
- Whilst design wasn’t a part of the service offering, we decided internally that the existing home page was not effectively converting the minimal traffic that they were achieving on a monthly basis. Utilising pre-existing heatmap data and GA audience behavioural data, we redesigned the home page to achieve a more streamlined user journey allowing the site to better convert the little traffic they had while we built up their visibility in the background.
Since partnering with Vera Clinic at the start of the year, goal conversion rate has increased by 111% from 0.53%, to 1%.
Goal completions have also increased by 53% from 610 conversions, to 936 conversions.
Organic visibility of the website has also improved by 66% compared January 2021 – July 2021.
Further to this, we reached position 2 for ‘hair transplant turkey’ and saw some uplift for generic term ‘hair transplant’ reaching page 2.
We’re so grateful to the Absolute Team! We have already seen some fantastic results across SEO, digital PR and PPC and can’t wait to see how it continues to progress as we develop our relationship.
Awards & Accreditations
Join The Leading Digital Marketing Agency
Fill out the form to take the first step to digital success! Our digital marketing agency consultants are always on hand to hear from new businesses and answer any questions you may have. Select the services you're interested in and add any additional information about your digital marketing goals below, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.