What a week we had last week! Lots of exciting things are happening behind the scenes for us. We hosted our very first Twitter Spaces (albeit ran a little shorter than we had hoped – thanks, Twitter), 4 members of the team were announced as confirmed speakers at Brighton SEO and… we took home not one, but three awards at the 2021 Company Culture Awards!
Taking the Trophy Home
We are thrilled to have won three awards at the prestigious Company Culture Awards last Wednesday. Our amazing wins included:
- Gold: Best Employee Reward Scheme
- Gold: Best Workplace Health & Wellbeing Initiative
- Silver: Remote Working Initiative of the Year
Since the start of Pandemic, we have completely shifted our company culture from introducing a new set of brand values to help keep everyone on track, to introducing more perks than ever before.
Here’s just a few of the ways we’ve been keeping our staff’s productivity levels high since making the permanent shift to online working:
- Introduced a new, flexible working hours scheme named “Absolute Early Birds” and “Absolute Owlers”. Aka, we’ve given our staff the choice as to whether they would prefer to work 8am to 5pm, or 9am to 6pm.
- Welcomed a new Absolute Bank Holiday to officially mark the end of lockdown. A day off on us!
- Introduced birthday treats plus a half day on us.
- Introduced work-anniversary gifts to mark the occasion, regardless of how many years staff have been onboard.
- Introduced a new library incentive whereby staff can request to order any (marketing related) book, and we’ll purchase it and send it to them on their behalf.
- Introduced regular Absolute care packages that are sometimes themed depending on the occasion (Christmas, Valentine’s Day etc) filled with lots of goodies and energising snacks.
- Hosting our very own festival in August this year – Absolute Fest – and partners are welcome to enjoy our celebrations, too!
- Regular virtual team events such as cocktail making, horse racing and most recently an escape room.
- Early finishes on the last Friday of every month. That’s a 2pm finish for our Absolute Early Birds and 3pm finish for our Absolute Owlers!
Plus so, so much more.
Our Very Own Rising Star
On top of all the fun we had on Wednesday at the Company Culture Awards, we’re thrilled that our Senior SEO Manager, Sophie, was also highly commended at The Drum Awards for Search for “Rising Star of the Year”. Huge congratulations!
We’re now looking ahead to our other award nominations at the 2021 Global Agency Awards and European Search Awards later this month. See you on awards nights!