Earlier this month Sophie Brannon, Client Services Director, had the honour of joining Jon Myers, Founder of Ascending Media, for a Deepcrawl webinar. The two spoke on the topic of Building an SEO Strategy from the Group Up: How to Get Started, detailing everything you need to develop a successful SEO strategy – even if you’re starting from scratch.
A bit about Sophie
Sophie has been with the Absolute team for more than 7 years now, working her way through the ranks as ContentMarketing Executive, SEO Manager, Head Of SEO and now Client Services Director. At present, Sophie is continuing to work closely with our internal SEO team, offering her experience managing a wealth of clients across all industries to refine and improve upon existing client strategies and ensure each client benefits from a truly integrated service.
A New Perspective
Within the 2-hour discussion Sophie and Jon provide a new perspective on search strategy development, answering several common SEO strategy questions in their interactive Q&A session.
Further key topics covered included:
- Where you should begin when sitting down to develop a robust SEO strategy
- What you need to consider before you even look at website metrics
- How to approach competitor research as part of the planning process
- How your larger marketing and sales funnels can influence your SEO strategy
- How to think ‘outside the box’ when it comes to SEO
- What to prioritise and which SEO tactics to execute first
Watch the full webinar below.
Sophie’s Key Takeaways
- Speak to company stakeholders before getting started on an SEO strategy to gain a wider understanding of Core Business Objectives and how your role plays a part in achieving those aims
- Knowing the people you’re looking to target and who turn to your for solutions will provide you with a direction to take your SEO strategy in
- Always consider how your SEO strategy fits into the sales funnel and boil it down into key stages to help visitors convert
- Copying your competitors is never a good strategy – but you can find the gaps
- Covering the basics will always be important in SEO strategy:
- Keyword mapping
- Technical health
- Task prioritisation
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation
- Don’t forget to make sure your strategy evolves with the business.
Interested to know more? Feel free to reach out to Sophie on Twitter at @SophieBrannon or call 0800 088 6000 to find out more about the SEO services we provide, today.
Jasmine has been a member of Absolute Digital Media’s team for almost five years now, having started her journey at the agency as a Digital Copywriter and progressing onto become read more.