The Benefits Of Google My Business
Google My Business is the online equivalent of the Yellow Pages. It is a directory that will list your business’s contact details, opening times, videos, photos and reviews so that customers can have access to all the information that they might need all in one place. It’s the ideal option for any business hoping to boost their website’s visibility whether they are big or small in stature. It will even put a pin on Google Maps so that someone who is looking for the kind of services that your business offers can find you. However, Google My Business is something that has not been fully utilised by businesses. As a result, there are a number of companies that could be missing out on a large number of potential customers. Businesses that use Google My Business in comparison to those that don’t, gain more sales and more online engagement, making it a worthwhile investment for any company. Not only will this help to optimise the content that is created but it will also ensure that you attract as many visitors to your site who will then be able to see your optimised pages.
All that sounds pretty fabulous doesn’t it? Well, there is more. Here, we’re taking a closer look at the top 10 benefits that Google My Business can offer.
- Firstly, GMB is extremely mobile friendly which means that your target market can find you in a much easier way. There is a great function on your mobile where you can simply press the telephone number on the screen and it automatically calls your business. Therefore, you do not even need to get the consumer onto your site, since they can call you with no hassle, helping you to attract more business. An increase in calls will equal an increase in business – so what’s not to love?
- You will have a stronger chance of competing against your competitors whilst appearing on map listings. You cannot win the business if your competitors are showing up and you are not. Imagine searching ‘Chelmsford Restaurant’ and a map listing of a number of local restaurants pop up. The likelihood is your customers are going to choose a restaurant from one of the listings. Make sure your brand name is up there with your competitors for the best chance of gaining more business.
- Unlike other types of directories, this is completely free. And we all like free stuff don’t we?
- When you log into the back end of Google My Business, you can see the insights into the traffic that you are generating from this free service. It will show you the visitors, the clicks, the reach, and how many times someone has called you.
- Because GMB is Google owned, there are are some theories that suggest it can actually help your organic search results by showing the search engine that you are extremely relevant to certain search terms. With Google’s switch to mobile first, the likelihood is this is going to become even more important in the foreseeable future.
- As mentioned, you can add images, videos and get reviews on the Google My Business Page. Not only will this help you build up trust and a strong reputation amongst your target audience, it can also help Google identify you as a trustworthy business.
- This is linked with Google+, as a social media channel, which means that you can share your positive reviews on Google+ posts around the web.
- Not only do you get a phone number on the listing, but by having a correct address, your target market can actually find you by using the Google Maps function too. The easier your customers can find you, the more likely they are to convert. If you have multiple locations, you can switch them all on, so if someone is in your area, you can capture the traffic with ease.
- You can action all of this simply from your mobile using the Google My Business App available in the app store. It is easy to set up so you can simply do it yourself, or get your SEO agency to do it for you.
- The Google My Business app can be added to your Google analytics to ensure that you have all the information that you need in one place, allowing you to access your data wherever you go.
Google My Business is a great way to get to the top of the search listings. The primary benefit is that its aimed to help smaller businesses that may not have the power to get to the top of the SERP listings organically. This is hugely advantageous for your business as it provides you with the same opportunity by levelling the playing field and allowing new businesses to thrive.
With the introduction of voice search into our everyday lives, there is an increased need for services such as Google My Business and active social media accounts. This helps to ensure that you have as much exposure as possible, which will have a positive effect on your website’s SERP ranking. This is due to voice search looking for elements such as traffic and overall E-A-T ranking when looking to select results to present to the user. If you have a high level of engagement as well as relevant content, this will then help you to stand out amongst the rest and appear top of the google voice search results.
If you want to find out more about Google My Business, then contact us today on 0800 088 6000 and discover what we can do for your business and how we can help boost the success of your business model!