Dengie Horse Feeds in the leading manufacturer of fibre-based horse feeds. They approached the team at Absolute Digital Media wanting to increase their organic search visibility to further position their brand as an expert nutrition. Their objectives were as follows:
We worked closely with Dengie Horse Feeds’ nutrition team to create high-quality, accurate and compliant content.
This came as part of our improvements to the technical health of the website as this was previously very slow and had poor UX.
The authority of the site was also lower than competitors, so we needed to create a highly targeted outreach campaign to push the horse feed and horse food terms. We also carried out on-page optimisation to improve relevancy for target terms.
To ensure we maintained an integrated approach, we also maintained close collaboration with the paid marketing team.
- We carried out an initial content audit to highlight any cannibalisation across the site as there were a lot of pages of content within their blog section, but this featured a lot of thin content and duplication of information across different areas of the site.
- We worked closely with the nutrition team to streamline the content, consolidate similar topics and ensure that the information was both user-friendly and SEO optimised. We then conducted a regular content gap analysis against their core competitors (Top Spec, Baileys, Saracens, Spillers etc.) and highlighted any areas of information that could be further enhanced and targeted to capture more of the market. We also worked with their customer service team to ensure the content that we were producing for the website was in line with the queries that were being asked on the feedline based on seasonality. For example, laminitis specific articles in laminitis season.
- We also focused specifically on-site speed and more recently core web vitals to improve loading times. We also run regular crawls to highlight any technical areas that need improving. We partner closely with the client and while we have full access, the client often makes changes to the products/eCommerce functionality. We work on a consultancy basis to provide any insights on how to update the eCommerce functionality such as Shipping Classes/Shipping Zones/pricing etc.
- Authority was lower than their competitors, so we needed a highly targeted outreach campaign to push the horse feed and horse food terms.
- Set up heatmapping to inform future UX decisions to further enhance the site’s usability based on what people were engaging and interacting with.
- On page optimisation to improve relevancy for target terms across their home page and main category page.
- Close collaboration with the paid marketing team for an integrated approach.
Since we started work on the Dengie Horse Feeds account we have seen a 758.33% increase in users (2683 users in May 19, 23,029 users in Jan 21).
We have also seen a 999.34% increase in page views (8829 page views in May 19 – 97,061 page views).
Absolute Digital Media have been looking after the digital marketing of our website for over six months and we are pleased to see an increase in organic traffic and new visitors to our website compared to year-on-year. The team are friendly, professional and very knowledgeable in all aspects of digital marketing.
Do you want to build an award-winning SEO campaign?
Other Relevant Case Studies
Join The Leading Digital Marketing Agency
Fill out the form to take the first step to digital success! Our digital marketing agency consultants are always on hand to hear from new businesses and answer any questions you may have. Select the services you're interested in and add any additional information about your digital marketing goals below, and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.